Berry Medley Pudding
- 1 8oz pkg Philadelphia Cream Cheese (softened)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla
- 1/2 cup fat free milk
- 1/2 cup Lucerne Heavy Whipping Cream
- 8 small Croissants, cut up (about 5 to 5 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup Mixed Berries (fresh or frozen)
- Powered Sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. I purchased “already made” croissants. Cut croissants into bite size cubes and put them in the baking pan.
3. Add mixed berries on top of the chopped croissants. I chose mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries). Most of the recipes I’ve seen use blueberries. Its your choice. Normally I would buy fresh fruit, but unfortunately due to the snow storm there wasn’t much to choose from, so I purchased frozen berries instead.
4. Beat cream cheese, sugar, eggs and vanilla in medium bowl with electric mixer until well blended. Slowly add milk/heavy whipping cream, keep mixing as you pour (the heavy whipping cream adds an extra thickness and creaminess that I love). Pour mixture over croissant pieces in pan. Let it sit for about 20 minutes.
5. Bake at 350°F for 40 to 45 minutes or until set in center and golden brown. You may want to cover it with foil for the last 15 minutes if the tops are getting too browned.
6. Serve warm sprinkled with powdered sugar.
**This recipe is also great in small ramekins or baked in muffin pan for individual servings. Whichever way you decide to make, bake and serve this dessert, it’ll be gone before you know it.
The idea was taken from Food Network: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/blueberry-croissant-bread-pudding-recipe.html, but I altered the ingredients a little.
With Sugarkisses & Love