Nutella Topped Butter Cookies
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
1 large egg
1 jar of Nutella
1. Whisk together flour and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
2. Beat together butter and sugar in a different large bowl with an electric mixer at med/high until pale and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Beat in egg and vanilla. Reduce speed to low, then add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
3. Form dough into a 12-inch roll (2 inches wide. Roll up dough in plastic wrap. Chill dough 4 hours or until firm.
4. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
5. Cut roll into 1/4 inch thick slices and place on baking sheets. Leave enough space between the cookies.
6. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on sheets 3 minutes, then transfer to wire racks.
7. Once cookies are at room temperature it will be easy to add the Nutella. You can choose to pipe or spread them. This batch I decided to spread them. But it doesn’t matter how you choose to apply the Nutella, either way it’s absolutely delish.
~Sugarkisses & Love